Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lesson Learned

Some thoughts I have while chillin at Notre Dame.

 I have been living in a seminary for three weeks. A seminary can feel a lot like a mortuary.
 When the heat index score is 110, and you live in a room with no AC, perspiration is more frequent than breathing.
 I am glad I am Jesuit educated. ND'scatch phraseis “God, Country, Notre Dame” Compared that to "men and women for others." LION PRIDE baby!
 A woman rules Chile!
 People in Indiana don’t drive as efficiently as people in LA
 Peanut Butter Crunch is really good after 10 PM
 Damn I am going to miss the game of baseball so much…

Things I know I need to learn in South America:
 Spanish! I am kinda screwed if that one doesn’t work out
 Where I will live
 Where I will work... yes, I know very little about my own life anymore
 How to better communicate with people when I can't see them face to face, day to day.

Things I don’t know I need to know (sounds like a Donald Rumsfeld quote):

"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson. " Tom Bodett We'll leave the light on for ya! (read the hotlink to understand that)

No comments: