Thursday, February 28, 2008

Calling All Current and Former Volunteers

I am trying to use this blog as a resource for college students contemplating service after college. Seeing as how we are almost in March, a time traditionally where college students make the decision on whether or not to commit to volunteer work, I am asking for your help to help with their discernment!

I am looking to get new voices with differing perspectives to write a 300-500 word entry on what their volunteer work has meant to them. It can be an affirmation of the choice made, a "wish I would have known this" entry to give people insight you lacked, or an overall philosophical reflection on the value or lack thereof of volunteer work. The forum is open... I want to allow people room to use their creativity and if there is response to this, hopefully get a diversity of views and topics discussed.

If you are interested, please email me at pjfurlong at gmail.com

Also, if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass this onto them!

I will put the first post up beginning next week and hopefully will have more to follow!

1 comment:

Lorna S. Q said...

hey...my name is Lorna and I was a volunteer at CMT last term. it was amazing. I have written a lot of stories in my blog about it...
I dont know if it will be helpful.

http://lqshqiperia.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=27