Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Thoughts on Turning 30: Now Live On the Huffington Post

As a student at Loyola Marymount University, a professor and mentor of mine, Fred Kiesner, would always encourage his students to SOAR (Sit on a Rock). A business professor, he embraced Jesuit pedagogy and those wise words from Socrates: The unexamined life is not worth living.

So a couple days ago I took a break from wedding plans, work, and even blogging about Things to do around LAX on a layover that seems to be piling up all around and I decided to SOAR. I was turning 30, and while I didn't see it as much of a big deal at first, others made sure I was aware of their thoughts on what the change of a decade meant. Thanks to some good friends and the wise words of an old professor bouncing around in my brain, I got to put together a brief reflection on the decade that was and the decade that awaits.

The Huffington Post apparently thought it was good as well, as they just published it today. So please enjoy my article "Thoughts on Turning 30: Be Curious, Tango, and Make it Count".


No comments: